As Airport Design Center, we work together to design and implement sustainable solutions for every project. Our vision for sustainability is to execute projects in a way that cares for our environment, provides economic benefits, and creates healthy living spaces to benefit the entire community. We work together to manage projects, ensure compliance and seek better ways to manage costs, stimulate demand and ensure sustainable applications through creativity and innovation.
From our perspective, sustainable design and remodeling is the practice of creating structures and using processes that are environmentally responsible and resource efficient throughout the life cycle of a remodeling project– from design and materials selection through demolition, construction, operation, and renovation.
We believe that we are locally responsible for sustainability in three dimensions: social benefits for people, environmental benefits for the planet, and financial health contributing to a strong local economy. On the beautiful, historic and fragile island of Martha’s Vineyard, sustainability is our first priority.
- Enhance and protect ecosystems and biodiversity
- Reduce solid waste
- Conservation of natural resources
- Reduce operating costs
- Enhance asset value
- Improve employee productivity and satisfaction
- Optimize economic performance throughout the design and remodeling’s life cycle
- Provide good jobs in the skilled remodeling trades that contribute to the local economy
Health and Community Benefits
- Enhanced comfort and health for our clients, through well
designed and sustainably executed projects
- Improve overall quality of life